©2023 AlignHand. All Rights Reserved
Thank you for choosing AlignHand Referral Agency. Please review the terms below.
1. Referral Service: All Service Providers referred to the Client by AlignHand undergo a thorough background screening and verification of legal status and work authorization in accordance with procedures established under Federal law.
2. Payment: Payment is due at the time of service scheduling. The Client may provide AlignHand with a valid credit card (Discover, Amex, Visa, and Master) to keep on file for billing. The Client is responsible for and agrees to pay AlignHand for the full cost of the requested services. The referral fee charged by AlignHand for its services shall be reasonable, negotiable, and based on a fixed percentage of the service cost as per AlignHand’s established fee schedule. The Client agrees to pay AlignHand a Referral Fee for as long as they continue to engage or utilize the referred Service Provider’s services. In the event that the Client’s payment is returned by the institution on which it is drawn for any reason, a service charge of $35.00 will be applied.
3. Cancellation: Failure to notify AlignHand at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of canceling any requested service will result in a $35.00 cancellation fee.
4. Lock Out or No-Show: It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure access for cleaning. If the Client is unavailable or other access arrangements have not been made, resulting in the Service Provider being unable to enter, a $80.00 lock-out charge will be applied.
5. Satisfaction Guarantee: If the Client is not entirely satisfied with the work performed, they must contact AlignHand no later than twenty-four (24) hours after completion of the service. AlignHand will then communicate the Client’s concerns to the Service Provider to arrange their return to the property within 24 hours, at no additional charge, to address the Client’s concern(s). If AlignHand is contacted more than twenty-four (24) hours after completion of the service, all additional Service Provider services will be subject to standard charges, determined on a case-by-case basis.
6. Direct Hiring Prohibited: The Client agrees not to directly engage the services of any referred Service Provider for a period of nine (9) months after termination of services without informing AlignHand of the scheduled services. Should services commence or additional services be provided without informing AlignHand, the Client agrees to pay AlignHand a finder’s fee of $1,500.00.
7. Performance of Services: The Service Provider represents that they possess the qualifications, ability, and experience to perform all requested services without the advice, control, or supervision of AlignHand. The Service Provider shall be solely responsible for the satisfactory performance of services rendered to the Client. In the event of any complaints or concerns regarding the quality of services rendered, work performed, breakage, theft, or any other problem, it is the sole responsibility of the Service Provider to resolve the issue directly with the Client. If AlignHand receives any such complaints or concerns, they will promptly inform the Service Provider so they may address the matter directly with the Client. AlignHand shall not be liable, and the Client agrees to indemnify AlignHand from any claims, losses, costs, fees, liabilities, damages, or other injuries arising from the Service Provider’s actions or unsatisfactory performance.
8. Independent Domestic Worker: AlignHand is not the employer of the domestic worker referred to the Client. The Client acknowledges that they may have employer responsibilities depending on the nature of the professional relationship established with the referred housekeeper and may be liable for payment of State and/or Federal employment taxes incurred during the engagement. The Client also acknowledges that AlignHand shall not be liable, and the Client agrees to indemnify AlignHand from any claims, losses, costs, fees, liabilities, damages, or injuries arising from the Client’s failure to pay any such taxes.
9. Acceptance of Terms: The Client understands and agrees that their engagement or utilization of the services of a domestic worker referred by AlignHand constitutes their acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, even if they do not return this executed Agreement to AlignHand.
10. Termination of Service Provider/Client Relationship: The relationship between the service provider and the Client may only be terminated by either party and not by AlignHand. However, AlignHand reserves the right to decline making additional referrals to a particular service provider, and the service provider may also decline to accept any particular job order referral.
11. Arrival Window: There is a 1 hour window of arrival for the Service Providers. Based on many factors, such as traffic, finding new homes, finding parking, bringing in equipment and navigating from one home to another, we cannot guarantee exact arrival times. The Service Providers try their best to arrive towards the beginning of the arrival window. If they need an arrival adjustment, we will notify the customer.
12. Refund Policy: Without exception there are no refunds for services. In the event the signed customer claims a chargeback on their credit or debit card for the services that were provided by AlignHand, and the card issuer determines that the customer has committed fraud by requesting a charge back, the signed customer shall pay Liquidated Damages to the Agency at the amount of $650.00 in addition to the cost of service per occurrence.
These Terms of Service are effective as of January 01, 2023.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding these terms.
By using our services, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to abide by these Terms of Service.
Thank you for choosing AlignHand Referral Agency!